I am running for RSCD 1 Board of Commissioners because I wish to improve our village; it takes a village to raise our children. I am a community pastor and a chief in this village therefore I have a vested interest in the success of our schools and educational process. As a college professor and former elementary and high school teacher with an intense passion for education, I feel I can provide valuable input to the board and assist in paving a pathway for an awesome generation of young people to make a positive impact in the world.
RCSD 1, At Large Platform
- Ensure every student is on a path to graduate and.educationally equipped to lead a successful life.
- Provide highly competitive pay for classroom teachers and proactively address the teacher recruitment and retention issues that face the district.
- Ensure the community provides the resources to protect and enrich student's quality of life.
- Implement a strong response to bullying.
- Pursue financial policies that provide an outstanding return on the community's investment in our schools.
- Develop strategies that increase satisfaction and moral value in students and faculty as a result of their.interaction with the school district.
- Expand the number of pre-K classrooms across.the district to expose more students to early.childhood learning experiences.